Conferize may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes. This policy is effective from November 30 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Billing address.
- A short description of yourself.
- Your user image.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
- About how you use our service.
- About events you subscribe to or register for.
- About events you organize or contribute to.
- About people you bookmark as contacts.
- About events you bookmark as interesting.
- Comments you make, links you add or other content you upload.
- Data from third party social networks that you may use to sign on to Conferize with, such as Facebook or Google. You will be prompted to approve authorization of third party use with our site and can completely revoke access at any time.
- The last 4 digits of your credit card in case you start subscribing to a paid feature.
- Financial transaction data for tickets or feature upgrades.
No sensitive information is collected unless specifically provided by you.
What we do with the information we gather
It is only in our mutual best interest that we keep our service and any communications relevant to you. We require this information to fulfill our obligations stated in our Terms of Service. To understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. And for internal record keeping.
- Use the information to improve our products and services and make our site more meaningful for you and your contacts.
- Send you emails relating to your use of the service, your user account or updates regarding the service.
- From time to time use your information to contact you for market research purposes or product related opportunities. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Credit card information and related billing and payment information that you provide may be shared by Conferize with companies who work on Conferize’s behalf, such as payment processors or credit agencies, solely for the purpose of checking credit, effecting payment to Conferize and servicing your account.
We use data processors located in the USA and transfer data to the USA. We have set up protective measures to ensure the safety and security of your personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will store the information you provide us with for as long as you are signed up for our services. If you delete your account, all public data will be deleted immediately. Some analytics or backed up data might be kept for up 12 months after the deletion of your account.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please update your information by accessing your user account. You should always have access to the email address used for your user account.
You have the right to request Conferize to give you access to the processed personal data regarding you, to under certain circumstances rectify, erase or restrict processing of personal data, or to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. You can find the relevant supervisory authority on the Article 29 Working Party website. The GDPR can be accessed on this link: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679.